Sumsub provides the capability to implement a custom business logic, allowing you to create fraud prevention rules tailored to your specific business needs.
For example, you may want to calculate the number of gambling sessions within the specified period of time and limit applicants access to the gambling site after the specified number of sessions. All such scenarios can be covered by using the existing rules delivered with the solution or you can create custom rules of your own.
Rules are basically sets of instructions and conditions to be considered during monitoring. Every time a transaction is performed, the enabled rules are automatically applied to determine whether the transaction matches the rule parameters.
The solution already comes up with the pre-configured rules:
- To see and manage the installed rules, navigate to the Rules page.
- To see the rules that are available for installation, navigate to the Rules Library page.
You can also create custom rules to cover business scenarios that are specific for your organization.
For convenience, all rules are grouped into bundles:
- AML. Rules that let you initiate a watchlist and adverse media screening of the transaction counterparty and act on its results.
- Travel rule. Rules that let you initiate Travel Rule checks and act on their results.
- Crypto. Rules to process transactions in crypto currencies and check the crypto currency exchanges.
- Responsible Gambling. Betting rules for gambling platforms.
- Basic onboarding. Rules used to streamline your applicants onboarding.
- Fiat. Rules to process transactions in foreign currencies.
- FATF. Rules to ensure compliance with the FATF guidelines and requirements.
- Device Intelligence. Rules that help you check the location and types of devices your applicants use to log in to your service.
You can group transactions based on specific criteria (e.g. transaction counterparty) and select groups of rules to be applied to them. For example, you can block all outgoing transactions to risky jurisdictions above 30,000 USD that contain risky words in the transaction reference.
You can manage rules in any of the following ways:
- Install rules. Install any of the available rules from the Rules library page. You can easily install the rules in-bulk by clicking Install bundle or you can install just some of the rules. You can install the same set of rules more than once, which basically produces duplicates in cases you want to make changes to any of the existing rules without creating them from scratch.
- Enable and disable rules. By turning rules on and off, you define which of them can be used during monitoring.
- Enable and disable dry run. Dry run allows you to run rules in test mode without affecting transaction risk score.
- Mute rules for the selected period. Suppress rule alerts and prevent risk score accumulation. Create your own expressions to silence transactions from specific user groups or below the specified threshold. Note that the muted rule will still be triggered for transactions that meet specified conditions.
- Delete rules along with their revisions. Helps you declutter your Dashboard by removing rules you no longer use.
- Duplicate existing rules. You can make an exact copy of any of your existing rules in case you want to create a new one and add some changes.
- Review version history. Each update that you made to your existing rules are saved as an independent revision so that you can get back to any of the previous rule states.
Updated 5 days ago