When a document is uploaded to Sumsub, it passes through a series of automated checks. One of these checks utilizes the optical character recognition (OCR) technology to detect the following:
- All pages and sides of the document are uploaded.
- Document number and name fields are present, clearly visible, and can be recognized.
- Document image is not a screenshot.
- Image has not been cropped.
- Document is not considered expired or issued in the forbidden territory in accordance with the customer settings.
- Document image has not been rejected during previous iterations.
- Photo in the document contains the human face.
- In case the fastfail check is not passed, the system notifies the applicant and sends a document resubmission request immediately after they upload the photo of the document.
Errors don’t let applicants proceed with verification using the presented document.
|Unsupported or unacceptable type/country of the document.|
|Document type or country do not match the ones specified by the applicant or recognized by the system.|
|Some of the required document data is missing or cannot be read.|
|Data on the image is missing or cannot be read.|
|Document is expired.|
|Some parts of the document are cropped.|
|Face is not clearly visible on the document.|
|Face is not clearly visible on the selfie.|
|Provided image might be a photo or a screenshot.|
|Provided image is a screenshot.|
|Image of the same side of the document was uploaded as front and back sides.|
|Provided document type should have an MRZ, but there is no readable MRZ on the image.|
|Sides of the document should be provided.|
|Full double-page photo of the document (usually, two main passport pages) is required.|
|Same image was uploaded earlier by the same applicant and declined by the system.|
Warnings let applicants proceed with verification after retaking the document photo and providing missing information.
|Face or the photo in the document is not clearly visible.|
|Information in the document cannot be read.|
|Uploaded photos do not belong to the same document.|
|Document may be expired.|
|Document is not fully in the frame.|
Updated 5 days ago