Global Database verification checks the authenticity of personal data attributes and their connection to the user. It ensures that collected data is genuine and up to date.
The use of global databases has eliminated the need for address verification in 45+ countries — and counting global databases. This means that around 5.5 billion people worldwide can be potentially verified using Global Database Verification.
The benefits won't keep your waiting and globally allow you to:
- Increase pass rates by up to 37% during user onboarding. Streamline KYC, resulting in a smoother onboarding journey and a significant pass rate increase by eliminating time- and resource-consuming steps.
- Reduce the risk of errors and fraud, from fake documents to synthetic identities. Boost security and trust by using our product to identify and prevent errors and fraudulent attempts, safeguarding your onboarding process from fake documents and synthetic identities.
- Expand into new markets with confidence, thanks to databases spanning 40+ countries. Expand your global reach with assurance, efficiently scaling operations into new markets, backed by reliable, diverse data source.
Global database verification is a multifaceted approach for confirmation users data authenticity and its compliance with the requirements. The verification includes three key components working altogether for ensuring security on all levels.
- Identity verification. Verifies user identity documents and personal data using recognized and secure sources. It operates as a pre-screening tool, allowing you to filter potential risks early in the onboarding process. Additionally, it facilitates a smoother onboarding experience for non-regulated clients, effectively managing risks associated with SDD and business operations.
- Address verification. Ensures the legitimacy of customer residence information by cross-referencing trusted global sources. This feature not only eliminates the need for supporting documents, but also streamlines the user experience, reducing friction and speeding up processing times. The result is an increase in genuine user conversions.
- Age verification. Ensures that users meet requirements for age-restricted content and services. Beyond accuracy, it delivers a smooth onboarding experience, minimizing barriers for users and granting instant access to content and services upon verification.
Additionally, there are two verification methods to check information on the user data, depending on your needs:
- 1x1 verification stands for one dataset cross-matched in one data source and allows you to verify one set of personal data attributes (such as full name, date of birth, ID number, address, phone number, and email) against a variety of recognized data sources, including government, credit agency, telecommunication, postal, utility, and consumer data in relevant countries until it is cross-matched within one of the sources.
- 2x2 verification stands for two datasets cross-matched in two data sources and allows you to verify two sets of personal data attributes (such as full name, date of birth, ID number, address, phone number, and email) against a number of recognized data sources, including government, credit agency, telecommunication, postal, utility, and consumer data in relevant countries until they are crossmatched within two of the sources.
Depending on each country's data input requirements, users are asked to provide two to five different data attributes to initiate the verification process. For the user verification to be successful, the data attributes have to be matched against either one or two sources in that country.
Reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Support team for more information about the specific configurations of each Global Database Verification feature.
From the user's perspective, verification process looks as follows:
- The user provides a set of relevant personal data attributes to be verified, such as:
- Full name
- ID number
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Sumsub cross-checks the data against global sources in the user’s country until—depending on the selected verification method—either one or two matches on the entire dataset are found.
- Once the data is verified, Sumsub sends detailed match results and the complete user identity as well as individual data attributes to you. Meanwhile, the user is redirected back to where they were asked to pass verification.
Refer to this article to check out the more detailed flows which are possible in the context of global verification.
To start using Global Database Verification, contact your Customer success manager or our Support team and refer to the articles covering instructions on the key components of the check:
Updated 4 days ago